.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dark Streets...Gabrielle Mann & Bijou Phillips star in intriguing film noir musical!

Ms. Phillips was radiant on the night I met her on the red carpet!


A few months ago, I attended the premiere of "Dark Streets" at a desert festival.

That festive evening, I managed to coral two of the lead stars before they sauntered into the screening - the Gabrielle Mann and Bijou Phillips - and was pleasantly surprised at how down-to-earth and level-headed both young actors were.

Ms. Phillips was excited about the new release for a couple of reasons.

"This is the role I have wanted to play since I was a little girl," she confided in in me.

"I used to walk the streets in the rain in New York when I was younger with my umbrella in hand and sing the blues out loud as I strolled along," she recalled wistfully.

But, it wasn't easy landing the part.

No sir, she had to fight for the opportunity to play one of two femme fatales playing opposite dashing Gabriel Mann.

While Bijou may not be starring in lead roles in big budget features just now, she's comfortable in her shoes none-the-less, she assured me.

"I've had a chance to do a wide range of work in the Independent film area."

Right off-the-bat, I was taken by Gabriel's well-groomed appearance.

When I asked - "who he was wearing" - one of his handlers winced a little.

Quick on the uptake, I noted that women got all the attention in that regard.

"I don't want the guys to feel left out, 'ya know?"


Mr. Mann chuckled.

"Marc Jacobs. He's my favorite designer."

In the past couple of years, Mr. Mann has been working non-stop - and at this point - his star is definitely on the rise.


"Dark Streets" was directed by Rachel Samuels.

The hot auteur's last turn at the helm was for a Gothic period drama titled - "Suicide Club" - starring Jonathyn Rice and Paul Morissey (shot in Ireland).

"Dark Streets" is best described as an atmospheric film noir musical fantasy.

Chaz Davenport (Gabriel Mann) is a dashing bachelor who owns what promises to become the hottest new nightclub in town.

Surrounded by the sumptuous blues music he adores, and with his pick of the gorgeous women who perform their sensual dance numbers onstage every night, Chaz is the envy of every man.

But, with the city thrown into darkness by frequent blackouts and a menacing loan shark closing in, Chaz is in danger of losing the club and far more.

At the same time, he finds himself embroiled in a love triangle with the club’s alluring star singer, Crystal (Bijou Phillips), and a new arrival at the club—the mysterious and seductive chanteuse Madelaine (Izabella Miko).

There's also been a big buzz over the killer soundtrack which features blues contemporary artists such as Natalie Cole, Aaron Neville, and Solomon Burke.

The film opens locally December 12th at Laemmle Sunset 5.

Catch the intriguing project, if only to witness the performances of two budding young superstars, sure to hit the big time in the very near future!

(Trailer below)

No comments:

Post a Comment