.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hugh Jackman...only reason to catch Australia! Virile screen presence...



At the ticket window I was informed by Theatre staff that there was a problem with a reel for the "Changeling".

For this reason, I would have to forgo on warming up to sensuous Angelina Jolie in Eastwood's new flick until the second dinner-time screening, or take in another flick.

Drats!

I found myself trundling into "Australia" which stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

Shortly after the celluloid sprang to life on the silver screen, I was tempted to slip out the back door for a quick exit.

The opening scenes were so God-awful!

A little voice inside whispered in my ear. It was a "patch job".

I expect those sequences were conjured up later to rustle up some - um - whimsy to the project after the producers reckoned they had a stinker on their hands.

Initially, I expect studio brass envisioned "Australia" a big sprawling saga.

What they ended up with was a vast rambling mess!

In fact, the big-budget feature is a twisted Hollywood hybrid, if anything.

The slow-starter is a romantic comedy cum passionate love story cum drama that just keeps coming without any energizer bunny to perk it up in any capacity along the bumpy way.

Thought the fiasco would never end.

When Ms. Kidman strode into the landscape - all spit and fire - I was inclined to hold on for a scene or two.

Just maybe, Cruise's former ex could turn the disaster around, eh?

As I twisted and turned in my seat uncomfotably - suddenly, without warning - the film sparked to life when Jackman (a strapping big dude) finally graced the screen.

What an entrance - albeit a "backwards" one - it was!

A shot from behind at dusk caught Jackman's rough 'n tumble character half naked from the waist up - boasting a surge of rippling muscles that caught the seductive light - and caused the audience to literally gasp.

Now, "Australia" charged full steam ahead.

For many, larger-than-life Jackman was good enough reason to hang on to the predictable end.

For the most part, the producers capitalized on his virile manly presence.

Jackman's character exuded a captivating macho swagger - delivered up in tight jeans and ubiquitous bulging crotch - and a jutting jaw that wouldn't stop.

Sexiest man alive? You betcha.

About two-thirds of the way through an emotional tug-of-war with Kidman (the Boss lady) - suddenly a transformation took place - which caused me to bolt upright in my seat.

When a few tender moments unfolded between Lady Ashley (Kidman) and Drover (Jackman) the close-ups said it all.

"Jackman may be the next Gregory Peck or Clark Cable," I uttered to myself in the dark.

Forget about the wolfman roles, Hugh.

Undoubtedly, there are loftier climbs ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment