.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Netherlands...U.K., Greece, Poland, Niue, Moldavia, Tonge, Tuvalu...Hello!


The beauty of my new web site (http://www.julianayrs.com/) is that I can track web surfers in specific detail.

For example, the stats verify which browsers were used (also combos), which web page visitors breezed in on, how long they took a gander, the number of pages viewed, and - sadly - where they departed to points unknown beyond my realm.

When I glanced over the data sheets, I was amazed to fathom from whence they came!

For instance, the bulk of my fans yesterday were hailing from the Netherlands, for some inexplicable reason.

Hello, there!

Next to rifle through my posts were residents of jolly old England (must have been my post on Prince Willy's exposed willy that nabbed their attention), my homeland (Canada), Mexico (they must have been checking on my recent comments about illegal Immigrants), Indonesia (perusing my review on Quickie Express perhaps?), Australia (on the heels of a post featuring Hugh Jackman starring in the movie of the same name), Sweden, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Japan, Slovenia, and the list goes on.

There were quite a few "commercial" concerns checking out Pop Culture, too.


But, the U.S. Government?

Honest, Uncle Sam, I paid my taxes.

But, it was the "unresolved" cruisers who raised an eyebrow or two.


Were the byters ominous ships in the night traversing the internet under the cloak of secrecy with clandestine (possibly illegal) intentions?

There were curious stragglers from Nations heretofore unknown to me, as well.

For instance, web surfers cruised by from Tonga, Niue, Tuvalu, and Moldavia.

Yeah, I thought Moldavia was a fictional town where Vampire films were set!

A search on Niue turned up surprising results.

A blurb that promoted the thumb-nail-size country touted a captivating leisure activity - swimming with whales and dolphins - for instance.

"Walk amongst flocks of butterflies (they come in flocks?) in the Virgin rainforest. Dive in dramatic cathedrals underwater teeming with life. Cycle beneath avenues of perfumed frangipani. Snorkel over bright corals in tropical water the clearest in the world."

Sounds enchanting! My bags are packed already.

I reflected a little on the matter.

So, why the sudden interest overseas in my site?

Were these just bored slackers, cruising the world wide web on the sly at the office, with nary an intention?

I paused to ponder on Tuvalu, too.

What kind of net access is there in that foreign entity and at what cost?

Do the townsfolk use Internet cafes for a laptop hookup, perchance?

In that neck of the woods, just how sophisticated are they in respect to popular culture, technological savvy, chat rooms, and the like.

Was it just a coincidence that after installing attractive ads for sponsors on my site yesterday, that the wave of overseas internet users sauntered into the fold in droves?

Just maybe, the North American lifestyle and consumer credo have far-reaching appeal?


Judging by the clicks on the adverts, I'd say yes.

The visitors were checking out Macy's, skin care by Zirh, Fujitsu, Linea Pelle, Blue Inc., risque lingerie, and the like.

Two weeks up and running and the site is already generating moolah!!!

So, with christmas just 'round the corner, folks in my own neighborhood may want to zip by, if only to window-shop at least!

See 'ya!

http://www.julianayrs.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment