.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sidney Poitier...shops at Whole Foods in Beverly Hills!

Poitier won Oscar for role in "Lilies of the Field"...


I headed over to the dairy section of the grocery to pick up a couple of items.

But, a man and a woman kibitzing alongside their respective carts, were blocking my way.

As I waited patiently for the sea to part, suddenly a distinctive voice fell like music upon my ears. As I glanced up, I found myself staring into the face of Oscar-winning actor, Sidney Poitier.

Imagine that! Mr. Poitier shops in person at Whole Foods in Beverly Hills.

In a tastefully tailored suit, no less!

As I snatched up a carton of milk, I said a quick hello, and was on my merry way.

If I had to describe the man, I'd say he's - elegant, handsome, charismatic, and - most importantly - humble.

A fine role model for any young man to look up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment