.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Las Vegas...cheap rooms! Summer of 1969 celebrations! Tropical heat wave...





As I breezed through the last stretch of the Mojave Desert and spied Las Vegas - a dazzling gem sparkling in the mid-day sun ahead - I was suddenly hit smack dab in the face with a tropical heat wave.

Whew!

I should have packed a cooler of Marguerite's!

No matter.

Soon, I would be firmly ensconced in my cheapie hotel room ($10 bucks a night!) and ready to take the big splash 'round town.

Sin-city lovers are trickling into town to catch the "Summer of 1969" celebrations underway at the downtown Freemont Street experience.

And, there's a bowling convention!

I expect Big Lebowski fans will be chomping at the bit to score a lucky strike on the lanes in the event they strike out at the slots!

I roared up to the Hotel a bit shy of check-in - at which point - the desk clerk informed me that my room was not ready.

So, I sauntered off to take in a few of the eye-catching sights.

As it turned out, Lady Luck was smiling on me right from the get-go.

When I called the newly-renovated Hotel about an hour later - the clerk noted that although a single room I requested was not made up yet - I was welcome to an upgrade (free of charge).

Would I mind a double-room with two Queen-size beds?

Heck, no!

The wheels started turning inside my mischievous little head.

I'd invite a couple of my friends over for a pajama party!

A few cocktails - and a pillow fight or two later - we'd head out on the town!

Of course, I'd have to dash into Mermaids for a deep-fried oreo or two.

And, line up for the scrumptious buffet offered up each evening at the Sahara, just a hop-and-skip away.

Maybe I'll take in - "The Lion King" - a big hit here right now in the desert playground.

I'll keep you posted, fer sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment