.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Kenny Loggins...a good sport! Follows in spite of plastic surgery post...

Kenny in his Christ phase!


When I inputted my password and user ID, I spied the twitter alert right off-the-bat, and chuckled heartily.

Kenny Loggins was now following me according to a twitter tweet!

What a good sport.

You see, because of a round-about turn-of-events last week, I ended up penning a post about rumors that the handsome musician may have had a nip and a tuck here 'n there in recent days.

It all started off innocently enough.

A contact of mine at Universal Music Group e-mailed me a promo about Kenny's new CD.

The brief upbeat communication provided me with a link so that I could take a gander at the trailer released to bolster the promo.

In response, I dashed off a post, so that fans of Loggins could check it out.

A day later, when I cruised back to the link site (Amazon.com) to verify pertinent information, I spied a comment in the dialogue box below which surprised me.

A reader snidely remarked that Kenny was obviously having trouble performing his single because of "alleged" plastic surgery which was purportedly restricting his facial muscles when warbling for the camera.

Ouch!

I fired back a comment, and noted that when I first screened the video, there didn't appear to be anything particularly unusual (or slightly out-of-whack) about the image appearing on the screen.

Upon closer scrutiny, when I surfed back to the site - however - I have to admit the texture of Kenny's skin was a bit raw-looking and taut around the edges of his facial features, if you get my gist.

"Maybe he downed a couple of drinks before the shoot," I teased.

Or, went a tad overboard with a skin peel?

Well, that got the rumor mills rollin', so-to-speak.

In fact, when I checked the blog stats at the WordPress site the following morning, I was elated to discover that the post reporting the skinny on Kenny nabbed an astounding number of unique hits overnight!

Meanwhile, the comments kept coming, too.

One fan quipped that Kenny was looking a lot like that other Kenny - ah - what's his name?

Yeah, Rogers!

I laughed out loud.

My comment back?

Which Kenny Rogers?

The first one (pre-surgery) or the second one?

In spite of the unflattering quips, Kenny (Loggins) - who obviously caught wind of the post - signed up to follow me on Twitter in the wake of waves of titillating gossip that started surfing up on blog shores around the Internet.

So, tit-for-tat - and with a Chesire grin on my own (untouched) chinny chin chin - I started to follow the easy-going popular musician on the musical landscape (and elsewhere).

Suppose by next week, we'll be thick as thieves, doing duets around the country.

Who knows?

Welcome aboard, Kenny.

Victor Borge said it best:

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people."


No comments:

Post a Comment