.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Entourage...WeHo shoot! Sheriff has sh** for brains! Lies about copyright infringement laws...

So is a Sheriff's pie hole!



Yesterday morning I was trundling down the oh-so-trendy Melrose (yes, of "Melrose Avenue" fame) when I spied a film crew setting up just shy of the Urth Cafe.

I've expended many-an-hour on location over the years in my capacity as an actor, so I am generally pretty jaded when it comes to the fascinating realm of movie-making on the streets of Hollywood.

However, when a bystander noted that scenes were being shot for Entourage (a fave cable show about the ins-'n-outs of the film biz) I was inclined to stop and take an up-close gander.

Within seconds of whipping out my HD Video camera, a Sheriff with a stick up his butt, lumbered over and informed me that if I wasn't a member of the crew I was required to stand on the other side of the street.

Okie-dokie!

Shortly after I flipped open the screen of my snazzy camera with all the bells and whistles, and I began to pan in close to capture two actors alighting from an old Lincoln Continental, old jowly-face was throwing his weight around again (which was considerable).

"I told 'ya they were shooting. You're too close to the shot."

I corrected the dim-wit.

"No, you instructed me to cross over to this side of the street."

It wasn't my fault the street stretched for miles each way - and likewise - that he failed to specify where to exactly perch.

And the city of West Hollywood pays this loser a salary?

After a brief chat with another lout on the force, the grunt shuffled back over, and persisted with his harassment.

"You can take still photos, but no video. That would be copyright infringement."

Boy, did this officer have sh** for brains, or what?

You see, as fate would have it, I studied law.

And, one of my courses focused on copyright infringement, in particular.

I was inclined to enlighten him about his ignorance, but keenly aware that if I made a fuss , he might try to find some excuse to cite me, seize my video footage, whatever.

You know how they abuse the color of authority, after all!

So, I played along.

"Sure, whatever you say Officer."

I half-turned at this point to avoid laughing in his ugly face.

What an idiot!

Residents of the neighborhood, tourists - even a curiosity seekers - were certainly within their rights to videotape events ongoing in the busy public street!

Notwithstanding, it should have been obvious to any moron with an IQ of about 2, that no one can copyright a street!

Old lard a** was spending too much time at the doughnut shop when he should have been pouring over the law books instead.

For his sake, I sure hope his di** is bigger than his brain!

Bottom line, he's doesn't know his butt from a pothole in the ground.




Rainbow Sheriff's out-of-touch with reality!

http://www.julianayrs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment