.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

UCLA Cafeteria...food servers need a philosophy to follow!


Yestersday morning, I spied a server on the counter at the UCLA cafeteria hastily slapping food down on the plates - in an assembly-line slapdash fashion - with little regard for the customers who deserved better.

Obviously, the young Asian student was trapped in a part-time job she hated to make ends meet, and was just biding her time 'til the end of the shift when she'd be free as a bird once again.

After I witnessed her bad attitude and further established a total lack of excellence in her approach - or any striving for it in her work - a thought crossed my mind.

If I was a server, I'd have a philosophy to follow, to ensure I never slipped up

Unlike sloppy Josephine, I'd treat each meal like it was a plate of food I was specially-preparing for myself.

With a compass like that to guide me throughout the day, just imagine the welcome culinary delights I'd turn out.

Booker T. Washington said it best:

Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way


No comments:

Post a Comment