.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Barack Obama...Vons asking for donations to Special Olympics!



In line at Vons supermarket yesterday, a cashier asked me if I'd like to make a donation to the Special Olympics.

When I turned my head to a shopper next to me with an expression of disbelief on my face (in view of the Obama boo-boo which occurred on the Tonight Show Thursday Night) their reaction was the same!

Yeah, their jaw dropped, too.

A coincidence?

Or, was Vons seizing the day and playing on public sympathy to rustle up funds?

"Not today," I responded politely. "But, I expect Obama may want to."

"Right," the hefty amazon woman muttered almost under her breath, as my change fell into the coin box in front of me.

Personally, I hate being taxed at the check-out when I shop for groceries, no matter how worthy the cause.

And, how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment