.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, January 9, 2009

West Hollywood...Yogurt Stop. Where you pump your own!



I was trundling along Santa Monica Boulevard last evening with my head in the clouds when the owner of a shop - Yogurt Stop - dragged me inside to sample a handful of their precious yogurt flavors offered up in their spanking new outlet just across from the celebrity car wash.

Once inside, I felt a little disoriented.

Just another dessert shop?

No way!

Strains of catchy upbeat music that filtered out over the state-of-the-art stereo system brought a smile to my face.

"We crank it up after ten," the cashier (co-owner) piped up with a hint of wicked glee.

The decor is aesthetically pleasing, too.

For instance, eye-catching high-tech chrome vats outfitted with spiffy spigots installed flush along the back wall beckon the adventurous to pump their own yogurt treat at whim.

Then, the discerning yogurt officiando can slip over to a bank of deep-pan dishes and sprinkle on delectable toppings that range from chocolate chips, brownies - even coconut shavings - to fresh succulent fruits like blueberries, strawberries, mandarins, and the like.

"We were impressed with the quality of the produce at Urth Cafe so we signed on with their supplier," one of the co-owner cuties beamed.

With great gusto I rustled up a delightful treat at a princely sum: $2.34.

Sure suited the pocketbook!

For a short while, I relaxed in a comfy chair, as I chowed down on my "pump" special.

The heavenly scent of the freshly-cut flowers arranged here and there about the room were a classy touch, too.

On a wide screen overhead, I even caught an episode of the gay cult classic - "Queer as Folk" - that I missed a season or two ago.

The two gals who conjured up the idea have something here, judging by the number of lookie-loos who sauntered in for a gander non-stop.

Right now, the owners invite you to drop by and sample a handful of their tantalizing yogurt flavors for free.

Hurry, before the line starts forming at the door and snaking down the street.

Only in trendy West Hollywood, eh?

Info: http://www.yogurtstop.net


No comments:

Post a Comment