.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, January 26, 2009

McDonald's...putting on airs or feeling economic pinch?

That cherry pie hits the spot, alright!


After an appointment in Eagle Rock on Friday, I popped into McDonald's for a snack.

Imagine my surprise when a young employee sauntered up to me with a tastefully decorated tray in hand and offered me a sample of "cherry pie" speared on a lightweight toothpick.

Did I waltz into Starbucks by mistake?

Two thoughts crossed my mind when the young lady made her pitch.

The fast-food outlet was either putting on airs - or quite simply - struggling to find ways to edge out the competition amidst an economic downturn that appears to be affecting all businesses near and far.

I expect that if McDee's hires a few new employees who speak English (with established communication and people skills) - just maybe - customers will begin to cruise out of the parking lot at the Golden Arches with a smile on their face instead of a bad taste in their mouth.

As Ray Kroc (founder) astutely noted:

"It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun."


No comments:

Post a Comment