.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, June 10, 2011

School's out for Summer!...Childhood Memories of Happy Hollow! Ontario!







When a local news anchor's co-host ceremoniously announced yesterday afternoon that school was out for summer, the dude was beside himself over the prospect.

"OMG," he lamented right-off-the-bat, to all within earshot.

"Now, when I zip over to the local pool to swim my daily laps, I am going to have to deal with all those screaming kids," he lamented in so many words!

His gal pal chortled in response, as she noted with a touch of glee in her voice, that he was just going to have to "deal with it".

"Well, as long as they stay out of my lap lane," he groused, before they signed off.

The whole drama that unfolded triggered memories of my own youth.

When I resided just outside of Oshawa (Ontario) when I was about eleven or twelve years old, all the local kids would sprint down to a natural pond (that grew out of a lazy little creek that ebbed and flowed in the nearby woods) at the height of the summer season.

The kids appropriately nick-named the quaint little swimming hole "Happy Hollow".

Whenever I get nostalgic for the past, that one memory looms large in my mind, for sure!

Oh, the sweet bird of youth!

http://www.thetattler.biz/

No comments:

Post a Comment