.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Michael Jackson...memories of Pop Star's Death & the "Wake" at UCLA!











After gulping down the last tasty morsel of lunch, I headed towards the Research Library on the campus at UCLA on June 25th.

Once I stepped outside the cafeteria, I immediately spied a helicopter buzzing overhead.

Two teenage girls dashed by and were chatting each other up excitedly.

I managed to overhear a snippet of the conversation.

"I hear that Michael Jackson is in that helicopter and that he overdosed," one of the pretty students exclaimed in shock.

Say what?

I was knocked out by the news.

At this juncture, I tore up the front steps of the library and plunked myself down at the nearest computer terminal just inside the building to the left of the main foyer.

I began to conduct a search on Jackson and possible alerts on his health.

Nada!

Were the major news outlets afraid that the rumors were all a hoax?

Or, were they simply in the dark about the overdose, I wondered.

Now, the frenzy at UCLA was reaching a fever pitch.

"Michael Jackson may be dead," one conjectured, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Then - a few minutes later - one of my inside sources revealed the awful truth.

"Michael Jackson overdosed and was rushed to the hospital."

I immediately logged into "The Tattler" at the Blogger web site and proceeded to pen a post (which I summarily published a scant few seconds later).

On the heels of publishing the news alert, I proceeded to "tweet" a flash about the shocking news on Twitter.

Within minutes, the speculation about Jackson's untimely demise was streaking around the blogosphere at break-neck speed.

Then, I spied a tweet from TMZ, confirming that Jackson had - indeed - passed to spirit.

So - I posted an update on "The Tattler" - and followed up with another tweet.

Post:  06/25

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-jacksondead-50-re-post.html

After scanning a few news releases which were flooding in from major media outlets around the world, I packed up my briefcase and strolled outside.

I took a shortcut across campus and trotted down to the UCLA Medical Facility where dozens of reporters, paparazzi, and TV crews were now parking their vehicles haphazardly along both sides of the street and scrambling up the front steps of the hospital.

By now, hundreds of Jackson fans - lookie-loos, too - were swarming into the tiny square to take up a vigil for the much-loved Pop Star.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hospital attempted to control the ensuing chaos, by updating the media every few minutes or so about the specifics as the events unfolded before our eyes.

At long last, it was also announced that a doctor in the employ of UCLA (and a member of the Jackson family) would be issuing statements shortly.

Which they did.

There was a stunned silence when it was confirmed that the beloved King of Pop was dead.

Then, something phenomenal happened.

Fans hoisted up portable CD players - which began to ground out the Pop Star's hits - as they began to dance and make merry with each other.

The once-sad gathering suddenly became a celebration of the "thriller's" life!

Essentially, the evening turned into a magical uplifting wake!

Post:  06/25/2009

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/06/michael-jacksonfans-celebrate-life-of.html

In sum?

It was a remarkable memorable day - one that I shall cherish - the rest of my own short sweet life!

Amen!

http://www.thetattler.biz


 

No comments:

Post a Comment