.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

CRUNCH...state-of-the-art gym in West Hollywood!

 


Exercise work-outs on tap!




I woke up this morning and my muscles were racked in pain.

Ah, that was a good sign!

My work-out last night did the trick and got me moving in the right direction body-wise.

Over the years, I have always endeavoured to keep in shape.

But, over the course of the past six months - things have been so hectic - that I let my gym membership slide!

Now, I am paying for it.

Until this week, when a couple of "trial offers" flew into my mailbox from a couple of the local body-building palaces.

As I noted in a post a couple of days ago - a 7-day free week at Gold's - was just a scam to get me in the door so their salesmen (and sales-ladies) could hit me with some fast-talking jive, and thus, manipulate me into a long-term contract at the trendy outlet on Cole (Hollywood).

Needless to say, I passed on that sleazy outfit.

Post:  12/18/10

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2010/12/golds-gymfree-pass-scam-consumer-alert.html

In contrast, it was smooth sailing when I sauntered into CRUNCH on Sunset Boulevard in WeHo to take a gander at their free trial offer.

Once I handed off a coupon I downloaded from my Yahoo mailbox, they waived me inside.

"Enjoy your work-out. We'll talk at the end of the week," a Manager beamed with no strings attached.

You got me at "hello"!

In fact, I was impressed with the lay-out of the gym right off-the-bat.

In spite of the fact CRUNCH has been a mainstay in the neighborhood for quite a few years, I didn't spy any worn carpets - or run-down work-out equipment - in a two-level environment that screamed out "class".

The black wall-to-wall floor mattes - which cushion and pamper underfoot - complement the state-of-the-art machines that are crafted in slate grey with cobalt-blue highlights.

And, the upbeat mood-elevating music piped in to the environment by a discerning hip DJ is a plus, too.

A bank of treadmills and cycles on one end of the facility is situated just below a row of wide-screen television sets so that members (and guests) may keep up on the news, or their latest episode of a comedy hit, as they burn off calories and get in shape.

By the end of the invigorating work-out - just betcha - most dudes will plop down in the steam room (or sauna) for a relaxing moment or two as well.

Two thumbs up!

http://www.thetattler.biz/






No comments:

Post a Comment