.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, December 28, 2009

WordPress...adios! Rinky-dink blog site rife with glitches! Violates Free Speech! Manned by idiots with no class...

A tome written with WordPress gang of losers in mind!





For the past few months, I have been dickering about whether to continue posting my blog entries at the WordPress web pages, due to frustrating problems that hinder the authoring process at the rinky-dink blogger outfit.

For starters, there are quite a few glitches which make the posting of an article a very time-consuming frustrating proposition.

For example, on occasion when I attempt to transfer a post from another site to WordPress, right-off-the-bat, the article publishes willy-nilly about the page without any rhyme or reason.

When I attempt to tackle the problem - by painstakingly lining up images and paragraphs manually - the precise edits often do not take.

So, I am forced to start the editing process once again, with the hope that the post will eventually publish in a coherent professisonal manner.

On occasion, I have been forced to edit at least six times, without coming close to the end result I am trying to achieve, from an artistic standpoint.

In the final analysis, more often than not, I am forced to settle for less than perfect.

Conseqeuntly - I worry that my credibility (and reputaton) as a writer, blogger, and artist are at risk.

The experience is especially upsetting since the fault lies with WordPress's cheap under-developed software that literally blows!

To make matters worse, WordPress does not have spell check at the site, either.

Duh!

So, bloggers are forced to copy the post into a program like "word" - effect the changes when necessary - then, painstakingly transfer the material back to the edit bay at WordPress.

It is wholly conceivable at this juncture, that when the post is published, the material will scramble on the page (due to incompatability problems) - and thus - require another  fresh edit (or two or three or...).

Damn!

To review a post (when considering a potential edit for a myriad of legitimate reasons) the blogger is also forced to wait three or four minutes for the article to be dredged up (from God knows where) before the editing process can commence.

Again, a precious waste of man hours, for sure!

The automatic image and video clip installer often malfunctions, too, which means the photograph, drawing, or film clip must be diligently inserted by hand instead.

Nothwithstanding these glaring snafus, it should be noted for the record, that WordPress is assaulted daily by spam (which is annoying constant to deal with as well).

Although a blogger may install spam-blocker software for free - a multitude of comments and requests for legitimate links that I am anxious to receive - are scooped up and lumped in with the spam, too.

So, the glitch requires that I sift through all the data that has been blocked to ensure I don't miss a communication I may be interested in receiving (and/or posting) at the Pop Culture site I author.

For months, in spite of the frustrations, I hung in there because of my  loyal readers who apparently have gotten a tad addicted to my blog and its daily musings (judging by the traffic).

Then, another ugly problem reared its ugly head, which prompted me to call it quits.

In recent weeks, WordPress violated bloggers' rights to free speech - when they blocked the publishing of posts by a posse of intelligent upstarts (without legal notice or right to due process) whose opinions they disagreed with - until they managed to coerce the authors into penning the same kind of irrelvant old crap their nerdy (untalented) house-writers were inclined to vomit out daily ad nauseam

Well, that was the final straw, in my estimation.

I drive traffic to the WordPress site daily.

If those losers at that rinky-dink blog site think they're going  to censore me - or any of my post pals at the WordPress website - they are sorely mistaken.

In fact, at this point, they'd have to pay me big bucks to make any future creative contribution to their site - which essentially sucks big time - at this juncture.

So, Amigos - and die-hard fans at WordPress - take note.

If you want to peruse any of the scintillating new material, you'll have to cruise over to:

http://www.ijulian.blogspot.com/

or

http://www.julianayrs.com/

Of course, my articles are also posted daily at Zimbio (and promoted vigorously by the site owners), I am happy to report).

Yup!

Some folks recognize when they're blessed, unlike some other bozzos, who shall remain nameless for obvious reasons!





Deity WordPress gooks pay homage to daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment