.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ken Russell...to appear at Aero Theatre! Devils & Altered States!






The first time I ever caught a screening of - "The Devils" - it was with a pal from Canada when we took a trek over to England and toured Paris and the South of France one sensual summer so many moons ago.

I vividly recall stepping out of the theatre into the picturesgue London Street around midnght, and remarking, how thoroughly disgusting I found the film to be.

But, I confess, over the years I have come to change my ideas about the Ken Russell masterpiece.

Russell will be forever remembered as a controversial and visionary artist with something of a third eye when it comes to making oddball dramas that have captivating images and themes, according to a Wikipedia biography.
Tomorrow evening - "The Devils" - will be on a double-bill with "Altered States" at the Aero Theatre as part of a tribute to the celebrated filmmaker.

Mr. Russell will be on hand to discuss his craft with the audience, so get there early, since I expect the special event will sell out quickly.

Aero Theatre
1328 Montana Avenue
Santa Monica, CA

Tickets
$11.00

Curtain:
7:30 p.m.



Altered States


http:/www.julianayrs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment