.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Facebook...stupid security measures frustrate! Clueless staff idiots!






Today, at a cafe in San Francisco, I attempted to log-in to my account at Facebook as usual, when I encountered a stupid automatic security measure from the staff at the social hub site.

Although I have accessed my account from the same location over the past week, the dialogue box alleged that since the WiFi service was "allegedly" one that I never facilitated before, that it would be necessary to establish my identity before access would be allowed to my account!

I can appreciate the necessity of security measures, but what followed next, was sheer lunacy!

Instead of requesting pertinent relevant information to firmly establish "who I am" (such as password and/or ID number), Facebook elected to select photos from my "friends" list, with a demand that I identify individuals they "circled" (copy-catting Perez Hilton, I dare say!) in the snapshots posted on my facebook pages.

Ludicrous!

For starters - they picked "friends of friends"  in the publicity stills - who I have never met in my entire life.

How am I expected to fathom who a total stranger is?

Facebook members who fail to correctly answer two of the so-called "identifying" questions will be denied access on the grounds they established they were not the owner (member) of the account.

But, get this!

One minute, Facebook is arguing to the news media that their service should permit other individuals to be informed of a member's location status, when they are kibitzing on line.

In the next, they are questioning from whence an individual logs on - in spite of the fact it is a matter-of-record in their "private files" - that the Member has checked in from that "hot spot" on dozens of occasions.

The folks at Facebook are idiots in my estimation!

As Leonardo DiCaprio might say in - "Catch me if you Can" - do your concur?

There outta be a law against such nonesense!

Facebook is more trouble than its worth at this juncture.





Facebook denies access on looney-tunes grounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment