.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twitter...Las Vegas following me! Golly...





Last night I got quite a surprise when I clicked on a Twitter update.

Vegas is following me.

Golly, I hit the jackpot.

After all, I don't recall ever having a city's fans follow me before.

Maybe the Mayor will present me with a key to "Sin City" on the heels of this enviable honor?

And, why not, I'm a likely candidate!

A flurry of upbeat posts I penned on the desert oasis this past week must have cheered up die-hard fans considerably.

Until I sauntered into town at High Noon, Vegas stalwarts were crying the blues about slumping Hotel reservations - and a staggering loss of revenue due to the failed economy - that had turned Bugsy's little gem upside down.

Rat-a-tat-tat!

I must have hit the target with mouth-watering posts about 99 cent Daiquiris, scrumptious deep-fried oreos, and the bevy of bodacious babes that serve 'em up with a come-hither look @ Mermaids at the Fremont Street experience nightly.

Obviously, night owls were also delighted with a video clip that featured the eye-popping marquee @ Glitter Gulch, a prestigious Gentleman's club.

Indeed!

Entertaining footage featuring a sensational saxophone player (local musician Carl Ferris), a charismatic country-rock performer by the name of Scotty Alexander, and an Alice Cooper tribute band obviously scored big on the richter scale, as well.

The dazzling light shows captured on HD Video were pretty much a sensory knock-out, too.

While the last-minute jaunt to Vegas wasn't too expensive (I rustled up a spacious suite at rock-bottom prices at Expedia last-minute) the impromptu trek turned out to be quite fortuitous.

After documenting four sun-drenched fun-filled days & exotic starry nights in the destination hot spot, I am the toast of the town.

In contrast, Harvey Feirstein was nearly tarred & feathered and banned from the glitzy Vegas strip, for criticizing the powers-that-be for trimming the length of Broadway Shows that hit town.

Nothing personal, Harvey.

In a nutshell, it all boils down to dollars and common sense.

Russian Roulette, anyone?



http://www.julianayrs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment