.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Google...glitches in their system @ YouTube may cause videos not to broadcast! Staff at Internet giant have wasted my valuable time & cost me $$$.



Yes, I know you're frustrated.

You cruised to the Tattler site to view a few of the new blog posts - which featured my HD Video recordings from Las Vegas (a Carl Ferris "saxophone sensation" video among them) - but an error message has been advising you to check back later.

How do you think I feel?

I spent about two hours preparing videos at the local Internet Cafe at a cost of about $25.00.
Then, just as the Videos were uploaded to the YouTube web site - and I started to edit and post them to blogspot - staff at Google pulled a boner!

Yup, at that precise moment, they shut down the site for maintenance.

So, my uploads were lost.

Google staff didn't even bother to give me the courtesy of a notice!

At this juncture, all you folks are owed an apology, and I am owed about $25.00 in costs and two hours spent toiling at the computer trying to deliver up those Music Videos.

Does Google care?

It doesn't appear so.

They have taken on the old mantra of the telephone company.

"We're Google. We don't have to care."

What a shoddy way to treat people (clients, by the way).

So, you'll have to cruise back tomorrow for the goodies.

Curiously, earlier today when someone asked me about search engines and Internet companies, I asserted quite confidently that Google was one of the best companies on the world-wide-web.

Now that this snafu has caused them to fall from Grace, I guess I'll have to take that back.

It's frustrating as heck trying to work with people when the effort is hindered by their lack of any sense of integrity or professionalism.

For a sampling of rinky-dink google product, check out the edit bay or spell check, at blogspot.

What a flimsy software joke!!!

Nestell Bovee said it best:

"The small courtesies sweeten life; the greater ennoble it."

Amen!

Post Script

Curiously, when I clicked on links to videos on other web sites today after my video list went down, those creative recordings were playing without any snafus or problems all afternoon. Was this an example of selective maintenance at google or what? Enquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment