.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Shannon Tweed...tweets with me! Heh, don't tell Gene...

There's something about a woman with a cigar!


I was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail over the weekend informing me that statuesque beauty - Shannon Tweed - was now following me on Twitter!

A few weeks ago, our paths crossed at the Roosevelt Hotel, when Ms. Tweed & Gene Simmons appeared on the red carpet to show their support for a "Rally" to raise funds for the Los Angeles Children's Hospital.

In spite of the fact my new HD Video camera was fresh out-of-the-box that afternoon, and I was frantically trying to fathom how to operate the amazing gizmo, I managed to capture a handsome shot of the winsome twosome which I proudly posted on YouTube that night for the madding crowds to peruse.

Post: 05/03/2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSZUVWKkP78

By the way, eyes light up when I preview the clip for friends & acquaintances around town, so maybe I am on the right track creatively with my insightful "third" eye.

Of course, turn-about is fair play, so I cruised over to the Twitter home base of operations (and with the sweep of a deft finger) ceremoniously tapped Shannon's - um - "follow" button, too.

Now, I can keep track of Shannon's "tweets" without the need for a press release.

Thought I would get up to speed on the actresses' scuttlebutt, so I perused a couple of the latest updates.

I nearly fell out of my armchair when she noted in one post she'd just been in Las Vegas!

Golly, I just cruised back from "Sin" city bright and early yesterday morning.

Do you suppose we passed each other in traffic on Highway 15?

I was in a black SUV.

But, I expect that Ms. Tweed was in a sleek limousine.

A white one, just betcha!

I was really impressed when Gene's better-half casually mentioned she zipped in to say hi to "Hef" when she was in town.

I don't know many people - in fact, no one - on a first-name basis with the Playboy King!

However, I do have one small connection with the trail-blazing pioneer from yesteryear.

For example, I reported in a post a few months ago that one of the first modelling gigs I landed in Hollywood was through an agent at Playboy Models which was located on Sunset Boulevard in its early heyday.

Post: 10/08/2008

http://ijulian.blogspot.com/2008/10/hollywoodmy-first-job-in-show-biz.html

Like me, it appears that Shannon is a bit of a "newbie" when it comes to tweeting.

In one update, she mused that she wasn't sure how to use the social tool effectively just yet, so she offered up the suggestion that followers could use the Twitter phenomenon to ask her questions about her life, career, what-have-you.

Great idea, for starters!

And, her reflection on the matter, triggered some thoughts of my own on the issue.

Twitter may be a potential substitute for a sort-of social register - or introduction service - for instance.

If you recall, years ago, folks - upper crust ones in particular - thought it very low class to chat a stranger up in an elevator, on a busy city street, or without a formal introduction by way of a trusted confidante, family member, or social contact.

In the wild & woolly world of today, it makes sense therefore to sign up with a social hub like Twitter, then casually "follow" an individual at a safe distance without any obligation until such time as there has been an opportunity to establish a sense of who the person is, determine what their hopes and dreams are in life - and ultimately - fathom if there is a place for that individual in the social, political and/or spiritual circles they travel in.

In the event the experiment doesn't pan out, well, no foul - eh?

Looking forward to more "tweets" Shannon; after all, they've been a joy thus far!

And, at least we have Vegas, right?

Laughter heals!

http://www.julianayrs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment