.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Barack Obama...mouthiest President? Talk the talk...

Hand gestures to punctuate salient points!

The other day when the controversy was swirling over the infamous "you lie" incident, I laughed in a post that for the first time - old diarrhea mouth, Barack Obama - was at a loss for words for once!

As I reflected on the issue, it suddenly dawned on me that - just maybe - Barack Obama has actually established himself as the most-talky (wordiest) President to have ever been installed into the White House.

Since his swearing-in-ceremony (which was rife with mispeaks and procedural errors if you recall) I just betcha - since I am a gamblin' man currently partying-heartily in Vegas - that the current Prez has given more public and private speeches than any other U.S. President in the history of the Nation.

Short of a word count, I dare say, Obama has also uttered-up the most desirable words in a particular vein - uppity, lame, humble, indignant, graceful, congratulatory - what-have-you!

Anyone care to take up the task of establishing that my bold-faced assertations are certifiably true?

George Eliot said it best:

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment