.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dancing with the Stars...Steeler Hines Ward wins coveted Mirrorball Trophy! Kirstie scores slightly behind!









Kirstie Alley was left holding a pair of worn dance shoes tonight with not much to show for it on "Dancing With the Stars" when Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward roared from the sidelines to snatch up the coveted Mirrorball Trophy at the end of - what turned out to be - dazzling season on the highly-rated entertaining show.


"Starting this competition, I never thought I'd be in the finals, but I owe it all to Kym. She's an amazing teacher," a Hines gushed, after hearing the exciting news

Hines thanked the judges for egging him on - and likewise - encouraging him to persist in a competition which eventually led him on to a championship season on the dance floor!

The football star expressed a lot of gratitude to all his fans back in Pittsburgh for standing behind him and cheering him on.

"We love Steeler Nation, Bulldog Nation (University of Georgia)... I hope I represented well," he said.

Although Kirstie took 2nd place, she underscored to the hosts of the show ( dapper Tom Bergeron and pretty Brooke Burke) that the dance competition on "Stars" thoroughly impacted her in many respects.

"It's like the most extraordinary adventure I've ever been on in my life and I want to thank Maks."

At this juncture, she turned in his direction, and uttered up her sentiments.

"I love Maks," she gushed sincerely.

"It's been a special season," Maks responded.

"But I don't only have words for Kirstie, I have words for the previous nine partners I had because this is the 10th trophy that I got and thank you for this, this has been an amazing, amazing season."

How were the winners determined, you might ask?

Hines and Kym beat Kirstie and Maks to the top spot based on a 50 percent weight given to the viewer votes, and the other half to the judges' scores.

In a nutshell?

When Hines and Kym chose a Steelers-inspired samba it undoubtedly put them over the top with a perfect 30 out of 30 score.

"You bring every dance to life," head judge Len Goodman roared in approval!

There were great kudos for Kirstie Alley, too, from a second judge.

"Kirstie, you cheeky girl, you saved the best for last," judge Bruno Tonioli said.

"You've never danced better. B
rilliant.".

'Til next year!

http://www.thetattler.biz


No comments:

Post a Comment