.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Starbucks...scary customer interrupts morning tea!


If you're like me, you mingle among the regular folks as you do your errands throughout the day.

Generally, when I cross paths with other pedestrians, store clerks, cashiers - the like - I try to be courteous.

But, on occasion, you happen across some wacko and there is bound to be a misunderstanding or two.

Like this morning, for instance.

Shortly after I slipped into Starbucks for my morning cup of tea, a strange man called out my name so loud, the other patrons were inclined to turn his way.

As I attempted to stroll to a table to avoid the stranger, he proceeded to follow me!

And, when I sat down and tried to peruse my newspaper, he hovered above me and tried to engage in a conversation with little regard for my privacy.

At this juncture, I was forced to inform him I wasn't interested in his company.

Instead of turning away, he proceeded to engage in a number of strange head games; in fact, he started to act like we were old friends, or something.

Egads!

So, I found myself quoting a line oft used by the wise and glamorous old-time film star Greta Garbo,

"I just want to be left alone"

It did the trick.

Thank you, Greta! Now I understand.

Sometimes a direct approach is the best course of action to follow.

Lord Byron once said,
"What is fame? The advantage of being known by people of whom you yourself know nothing, and for whom you care as little."

No comments:

Post a Comment