.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Church of Blessed Sacrament...spiritually blind!


In the past few months I have felt a calling to reach out and find a way to give back to the community in some active capacity.

One Sunday morning, I awoke from a deep sleep, and a nagging little voice inside of me prompted me to take in Mass at the Church of the Blessed Sacrament in Hollywood.

Lo and Behold, as I crouched in the pew, the Priest noted the need for Deacons in the Church and asked that the Lord hear the prayer for one to appear.

I felt like the message was directed right at me!

Alas, after I penned a letter to the Priest - noting my interest - no one at the Blessed Sacrament even bothered to give me the courtesy of a reply.

Some Christians!

The Priests at the Blessed Sacrament are so blind spiritually, they are incapable of recognizing that the Lord answered their prayer.

Will he respond to the next one?

The incident confirms my belief that the spirit of God is not alighting in the empty houses of worship around the Nation - but rather - in the hearts and minds of the humble masses without need for ritual, pomp, or circumstance.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment