.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Surreal Moment...triggers out-of-body experience!









Yesterday, after nearly being struck down by a Shuttle bus at a side entrance Wynn  Resort, I found myself in a long queue snaking in front of a public recreation facility alongside about thirty other individuals (locals and tourists alike) chompiing at-the-bit for the doors to swing wide open.

For one brief moment, I half-turned on the steps to check the parking lot behind me.

Bad idea!

One of the locals spied me in line - at which point - a strange phenomenon erupted all around me.

At first, there was just one quiet whisper.

"Do you know who that is?" one young woman quizzed her friend, as she elbowed her in the side.

Within minutes, all of the patrons were pointing me out to each other, as the decibel level in the cramped entrance way soared.

I caught snatches of the conversation - snippets of gossip - about me!

Suddenly, without warning, my consciousness appeared float up above the restless crowd.

The moment was surreal and not unlike an out-of-body experience!


At one point - I felt like was outside of myself in another dimension - looking "in" on the scene below from beyond.

Was it all my imagination?


How did I appear to the folks gathered around me?

At this point, a guard arrived and unlocked the door, so I scrambled inside to take a respite from it all.

But, I was numb, and feeling for all-the-world like a zombie.

Frankly, I was buzzed for about two hours or so, before I could collect my thoughts and think straight once again.

I can imagine how Justin Bieber (or Lady Gaga) must feel when they are swarmed by a host of adoring fans.

It's quite a surge of adrenalin, alright.

http://www.thetattler.biz




No comments:

Post a Comment