.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Teen push-up "Bra"...sexualization of youth! Triggers memories of going steady!






Lift & thrust important for women!
(just ask Howard Hughes)





An uproar over the unveiling of a line of sexy revealing swimwear for pre-teens (8 to 10 years old) which boasts a push-up "Bra" - curiously - triggered memories of the boyhood dating game!

In grade 6, going steady - I vividly recall - was a status symbol which singled out the men from the boys.

As luck would have it, I ended up dating Kathy McClaren (who resided in the apartment complex next door), who just happened to be the gal blessed with the biggest - er - chest (a treasure?) in school that I (and others!) recall.

Needless to say, I was the envy of all the hot-blooded straight guys in Victoria Park (Canada).

Because Kathy was a sweet unassuming young lady (and not stuck up because of her obvious up-front assets like the other babes in class) - her reputation for having the most enticing set of "knockers" at the tender age of thirteen - ended up being an albatross around her neck (which was difficult to bear on occasion).

In fact, on one close call, Kathy nearly called off our relationship because a jealous rival (a female) whispered in her ear that I was bragging to all the boys that I was only going "steady" with her because of her - um - hormone-rushing sexual charms.

Fortunately, my faithful sweetheart (uh-huh) was a pretty straightforward level-headed individual, so she gave me the benefit of the doubt and allowed me the opportunity to explain my side of things (instead of just "breaking up" in a huff and strutting off).

But, I confess, that I also had a crush on another classmate - Joanne - who started out as a good friend.

Because she was an "Elizabeth Taylor" look-a-like, though - fashionably aware, prone to apply make-up with class and ease (before most girls knew how to fasten a bra), and modelled professionally at legitimate gigs around town - Joanne was hotly pursued by every stud in the barnyard - er - school yard!

My closeness to Joanne was inclined to cause me to butt heads with a couple of dudes on the football team.

But, one day - out-of-the-blue - Joanne suddenly appeared in class in a simple sun dress, without any make-up (or even a hint of lipstick) - and looked for-all-the-world like a plain Jane.

A million light years from her normally-magnetic sensual persona!

If clothes make the man, then make-up (and a little push & thrust here & there) obviously makes the woman, eh?

"What happened to you," I quizzed her in utter astonishment.

Sadly, she informed me that her Mother put her foot down, and insisted that she refrain from getting all-dolled up for school.

"My parents feel I am growing up too fast."

In the wake of the controversy over the push-up bra for teens - and in light of my own experience (which established in my mind how succinctly the "sexualization" of a child causes undue pressure on their mental health and well-being) I heartily applaud (and support) the "push" for natural growth.

What's wrong with innocence, after all?

In our debauched hedonistic society, it is a quality that is rare, that should be exalted (not exploited or tossed by the wayside).

Amen!

http://www.thetattler.biz




Howard Hughes designed a bra for Jane Russell!



No comments:

Post a Comment