.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Bee Gees...insightful documentary "In our Own Time" release Nov. 16th! Mythology 4 Box set!



 






Whenever the classic scene from "Saturday Night Fever" suddenly bursts onto a screen - whether at a revival Movie House or on the old boob tube (featuring a svelte John Travolta swivelling his hips and getting down with a flourish of intoxicating seductive moves on the dance floor at the local Disco) viewers can't help but tap their foot to the catchy beat of the tune as they are magically uplifted to a joyous euphoric high.

Ah, such was the potent power of the song-writer ability of the talented Bee Gees who skyrocketed to fame and fortune in the heady 60's and 70's during a novelty era when London was the very heartbeat - and dizzying center - of musical trends, fashion, and style.

The Brothers Gibb churned out a bevy of chart-topping hits - not only for themselves - but for a handful of celebrated musicals artists as well such as Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Dolly Parton, and Kenny Rogers.

Now, friends at Eagle Rock Entertainment have informed me that they are releasing a revealing documentary - "In Our Own Time" - which chronicles the personal and professional lives of Maurice, Barry, and Robin.
The producer's have promised that the journey will be an insightful thought-provoking one that will ultimately delivery up a commentary on the popular band's spectacular highs and earth-shattering lows in a topsy-turvy world where performers often dance precariously close to the jaws of an abyss.

In addition, the documentary will take an in-depth look at the intrigues surrounding Andy Gibb's untimely demise and his long-standing dream to become a bona-fide Bee Gee alongside his legendary older brothers.

Coincidentally, last night as I prepared to pen this post, I stumbled upon the Bee Gees star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (in front of the Kodak Theatre) which was installed a few years back with the blessings of an appreciative industry (a hop-and-a-skip away from Michael Jackson's star in front of the Mann's Chinese Theatre on the strip).

And, ironically, I found myself singing along to a Bee Gee tune the other morning in San Francisco, in Starbucks down at Fisherman's Wharf.

I started a joke

That started the whole world crying
But i didn't see...
That the joke was on me

I started to cry
That started the whole world laughing
If I'd only seen
That the joke was on me

I looked at the skies
Running my hands over my eyes
I fell out of bed
And hurt my head from the things that i said

I finally died
That started the whole world living
If I'd only seen
That the joke was on me


I Started a Joke
The Bee Gees

Oh, so dramatic!

And, who could forget those falsetto harmonies?

If you recall, the Bee Gees facilitated a song-styling rarely used so effectively!

The documentary is being released on November 16th (2010).

The film will also be broadcast on A & E on November 20th (2010).

In tandem with the broadcast, Mythology - a 4-disc set - will be released by Rhino Entertainment.

Can't wait, can you?

Maybe if I twist an arm or two at Eagle Rock, they'll offer up some freebies, as they have done in the past.

Stay posted, in that event!

Later!

http://www.thetattler.biz/






No comments:

Post a Comment